75 Taylor SJ project

Blender Man

Wow that sure is kooklng great !!! It has been a long time coming... You should be very prod of the work the 3 of you have done.. It takes a lot more time to get it done then we say as we get started on the restore's..when is it going to get wet (not with hose) for the frist time ???? keep up the good work..    :smile15: :smile15:

Devilman

Damn, you guys nailed it! Looks really good, looking forward to seeing it on the water this summer. Good call with the metalflake. :smile15:

OdieDiver

it do'nt look half as good as this one will

photo2-1.jpg

jetboat

its nice to see a taylor being restored,looking real good so far.when we did mine, fabercating parts was the most challenging.

Waynesworld

Randall, everytime you mention the motor, the ci's seem to get bigger and bigger, I only wish it was true, but alas, you know it's only a cleaned up bbc with a little polish. We are going to try to do the break-in on the hose either this week end or next weekend. After that we will re-run the valves. Still gotta tie up a few loose wires and hoses, install diverter cable, do a little more work on mounting seats and change out a couple of switches in the dash. Hopefully we'll put it in the water sometime in early march for the final tuning and have it ready for Coleto by the 18th of April. We already got our reservations made and can't wait to start the summer.    :smile19: 

Devilman

You guys have done a helluva job, the Taylor looks great! Lookin forward to seeing it on the water.... :smile15:

OdieDiver

102_0085.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/odiediver/Taylor%20Sj/102_0085.jpg

102_0086.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/odiediver/Taylor%20Sj/102_0086.jpg

STRETCH

:smile22:

Kick ASS! Great looking finish to an awesome project! You need to bring that SJ to a Taylor meet in the future and show the guys your hard work...really looks nice.

Was this last weekend the shakedown run? If so...how is the ride and performance?

:smile15:

OdieDiver

STRETCH said:
:smile22:

Kick A$$! Great looking finish to an awesome project! You need to bring that SJ to a Taylor meet in the future and show the guys your hard work...really looks nice.

Was this last weekend the shakedown run? If so...how is the ride and performance?

:smile15:

Yea it was the first shakedown. It was sweet, no one really on the lake
Still have a few little things to work out.
Adjust ride plate felt like the nose was a little high
needed to turn the fuel pressure up some (while running was only showing 2 lbs).  :smile14:
need to fine tune the valves and timing
and the biggest thing more seat time :smile15:

OdieDiver

I am thinking Sunday, Sunday, Sunday @ Fiesta Marina
Need to talk to Waynesworld and see what he has going on
And depending on the weather