New Plowman info!

oldbuck40

Just got off the phone with Barb at Indian Lodge,,seems she needs to take a trip up north to a wedding on the weekend that we usually hold Plowmans and being she knows about the whole ordeal and the Plowmans peeps shutting the doors that weekend for reservations she said why dont you just move it to Kimball Bend a week b/4 or a week after our normal date, assuming they get some rain?  she did say it was 13.5 low as of today. :rolleyes: But anyway i thought i would throw that out there for another option in case nothing came up.

and also to all the peeps that made reservations last year for the next "so called" Plowmans to please let her know what your plans are,,cancel or move your res. up or down.

in case you lost their # its 254-889-3643

Devilman

So basically what ya sayin is that whether Plowmans happens or not, the Lodge will be closed the weekend Plowmans is normally held... right?

Thought I read somewhere along the way that Kimballl Bend is where that shindig originally started.

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
So basically what ya sayin is that whether Plowmans happens or not, the Lodge will be closed the weekend Plowmans is normally held... right?

Thought I read somewhere along the way that Kimballl Bend is where that shindig originally started.
well she was wanting to know if we moved it up or down she would get her a plane ticket and close up most likely. yea thats what im sayin lol and i think your right about Kimball Bend.

Wouldnt that be something,,,move it from Plowmans to Kimball,,Ya think them old farts at the gate of Plowmans will be standing around with their lip all pooched out :cry: cause they didnt make any cash that weekend! LOL

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:
well she was wanting to know if we moved it up or down she would get her a plane ticket and close up most likely. yea thats what im sayin lol and i think your right about Kimball Bend.

Wouldnt that be something,,,move it from Plowmans to Kimball,,Ya think them old farts at the gate of Plowmans will be standing around with their lip all pooched out :cry: cause they didnt make any cash that weekend! LOL

I gotcha...

I'd be willing to bet them people at the Plowmans park don't give a shit either way, they gonna get paid whether its empty or not. They probably be happy if its not crowded, be even less for them to do, lol...

I had thought about Kimball Bend before, but isn't it relatively close to the bridge? Dodging jetskis is bad enough, throw some bridge pilings into the mix & it be real interesting. :grin:

If that big ol' sandbar was still there, it would be a cool place to hang out.

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
oldbuck40 said:

I gotcha...

I'd be willing to bet them people at the Plowmans park don't give a shit either way, they gonna get paid whether its empty or not. They probably be happy if its not crowded, be even less for them to do, lol...

I had thought about Kimball Bend before, but isn't it relatively close to the bridge? Dodging jetskis is bad enough, throw some bridge pilings into the mix & it be real interesting. :grin:

If that big ol' sandbar was still there, it would be a cool place to hang out.
im betting that sand bar is there right now lol but you know,,think about it i have never seen it clogged up with boat traffic around that time,,not like it is in the summer. Might be a good place to start over,,and besides we both know it aint that far of a boat ride back to Plowmans. think.gif

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:
im betting that sand bar is there right now lol but you know,,think about it i have never seen it clogged up with boat traffic around that time,,not like it is in the summer. Might be a good place to start over,,and besides we both know it aint that far of a boat ride back to Plowmans. think.gif

It is for someone that ain't got a boat....  :wink: I don't know who that would be though. :grin: j/k :cheesy:

Unless you happen to just be camping close to the action, that would be another story. :grin:

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
oldbuck40 said:

It is for someone that ain't got a boat....  :wink: I don't know who that would be though. :grin: j/k :cheesy:

Unless you happen to just be camping close to the action, that would be another story. :grin:
FYI I have 2 boats that run!  :grin:  lol wonder what ever happened to that old trailer???

brazosjettin

Chisholm trail is another spot you might think of it is a privately owned park just up river from kinball bend its were we used to hang out when we first started the boat club all the locals  that hang out there loved us the only time you ever seen the law is when they was called the only thing they don't have electric hook ups you have to run a generator there is a couple of water hook ups / rest rooms & an outdoor cold shower. :smile21: :smile29:

jimsplace

Last year the Kimball Bend boat ramp was high and dry with the current water level if I remember correctly.  It might be difficult if you can't get to the water.

think.gif      Plowmans will not happen in it's current format. If an event happens that weekend it won't be Plowmans as we have known it! It may be another organized event someplace else or by someone else or not organized at all ( probably more likely ).  There have been discussions of something along these lines. There are areas ( probably not kimball Bend, boat ramp sucks and dodging jet skiers and boarders. That is all we need.) being talked about. Water of course is a factor. We know it is still 2 months out and we could get rain. That would be great. Rocky and Becky, because of what happened last year and other things going in there lives will not be organizing the event this year. Rocky has said he will take a shot at it again maybe next year. It may be well to take a break to see what develops with the park and officials. The alternative, which happened one year because of the flooding, was a day get togethor at Steele Creek. It was a good turn out. You can camp if you want and there is a great boat ramp and beach area. Just show up and hang out with those of us that go there regularly and enjoy. Or not. Nothing official. Some one will call it and we will go.

Dry Dock

EO Paul and I put in at "Steele  Creek" yesterday. Ramp OK,  but hit underwater stump before getting to beach area.  was being careful and know area a little bit. was trying to stay deep.

I am not putting back in there until we get some water and increase in lake level.  Also massive drop off on beach areal. put nose of boat on bank and go out back of boat and it is over your head.

Not good place to go for now

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Did anyone ever go scout out Lake Brownwood.  There was a lot of chatter about this place before the season started then nothing.

EDIT: It looks like his web site is down.  Maybe he didn't make it.

http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?topic=10769.0

73 Sanger Flat

They are trying to get a hold of the guy that had the park and not having any luck finding him ..They have called and Pm him with no luck .. I sent him a PM and no reply .. Plus J went there a few weeks back and he said the lake is very low ..

73 Sanger Flat

Dry Dock said:
EO Paul and I put in at "Steele  Creek" yesterday. Ramp OK,  but hit underwater stump before getting to beach area.  was being careful and know area a little bit. was trying to stay deep.

I am not putting back in there until we get some water and increase in lake level.  Also massive drop off on beach areal. put nose of boat on bank and go out back of boat and it is over your head.

Not good place to go for now

Wayne , when we went a few weeks back , it was the same way . We stayed at the ramp and it was not much water there to make any passes . I had to make my passes running out toward the middle of the river .. I will not put back in there until we get some rain .. I seen way too many stumps and trees in the water that I have never seen before..

Up at the point , it not much fun when the water is over your head about 4-5 feet from the shore

EOSpeed

IT IS DOWN 14 FEET TODAY. UP THE RIVER IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. LARRY SAID HE WILL NOT GO PAST PLOWMANS. HE DOES OK WITH HIS NEW TOY. THER WAS 1 CAMPER AT PLOWMANS.

Attachments

• DSC00602.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3273.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 90
i wonder where all those campers, and debris ended up after the flood you guys had a couple years back? maybe they are sitting on the bottom of the river, guess we will find out if the water keeps going down.

Devilman

That would be something to see.  :smile26:

Make for some interesting conversations at the ramp though.

"Say man, nice boat. What happened to the bottom, all gouged up like that?"

"Aw, I ran over a motorhome a little ways down river there..."

"I see.. wait, what? :huh: :laugh: :grin:

73 Sanger Flat

Nice looking boat Wayne ..  Can;t wait to see it in person

That boat of popsickle is BIG !!! I seen it a few weeks back at Steel Creek ..