Plowmans Season opener 2023

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Plowmans will be held April 28-30th at Plowmans park. There will be no buoys so it's not a race, just friends and boats hanging out on the water. There will be a crawfish dinner by Waylon. Those who went to our Somerville crawfish dinner know, the guy can cook them bugs! The Indian Lodge ( Kopperl TX) still has some vacancies if anyone is needing a cabin or room. They are under new ownership, and it would be great to give them some support. We will be asking for a head count as we get a little closer so that we can make sure everyone gets dinner! Hope to see everyone there!

Last edited:

Devilman

Have you talked to them at the lodge yet Steve? Went to their website about checking on room prices and availability, but that info not available on the website right now, gives some error message. Wonder if the new owners are even aware of that issue.

That said, it'll be nice to get back up there, been too long already👍😎

73 Sanger Flat

I will be in site #12 this year .. Hope we have good weather and a good turn out .. I drove into the park last Saturday and it looked good .. Water is down 7 foot right now .. That is still OK for Plowman Park area .. Cant wait to see everyone ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
So we have an update. The crawfish dinner will be held at the Indian Lodge Saturday nite. The Lodge has a great covered area with seating that is perfect for entertaining a decent size crowd. The lodge is under new-ownership, and it is our chance to establish a good relationship with them. They are willing to work with us boaters, and I would ask that we help support them as well. It will be an open house type event where I have asked them to join us for dinner and take the opportunity to get to know some of us. So please come out and have some mud bugs and say hello after the gathering!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
As we discussed, we have rooms available for the weekend of 4/28 - 4/30.

Cabin: #4, 5, 6, 7 $128 a night

Room: #9, 11, 12, 13 $108 a night

Suite: #14, 15 $188 a night

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Indian Lodge Resort

On the Brazos / Kopperl, TX

(254)889-3643

info@indianlodge.com

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it has. Can't help but look at boats on the interweb thinking about all the boating I don't do. Time to change that for sure.:cool:

73 Sanger Flat

Whitney is down 6.20 feet right now .. That is not bad for Plowman.. Hoping with the rains it will be full come April 28th ..

Devilman

Yep, gonna be wondering where all that "spare time" went that was gonna let me get some stuff done ahead of time. :unsure: Be a last minute clusterfukk like usual I imagine, lol