SDBA 2015

73 Sanger Flat

I wish I was not so dam high strung.. I tell my wife I wish i could be more laid back and I have tried to more laid back , but it just does not work for me .. LOL .. My engine are also too high strung also

Disturbed

TexasJet said:
Knotty said:
Nope not me but Lucky Draw maybe real interesting, we have totally no data but we know we have a whole lot of motor that should push the sled real fast.  jump.gif

Since I'll be retired, I may follow you around to a few events this season.
Awesome!

jimsplace

Knotty said:
Nope not me but Lucky Draw maybe real interesting, we have totally no data but we know we have a whole lot of motor that should push the sled real fast.  jump.gif

If it's too fast, eat more, that'll help slow it down.
    :smile16:

jimsplace

Carnivalride said:
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Carnivalride said:
Damn Billy quit stressing out it’ll work out trust me.

I’m not sure about all the mail in stuff but at most of the races you can show up Friday (before 3pm), enter the boat, buy your membership, pit passes and arm bands. Then you can roll over to tech show them your safety gear and let them look your boat over. It’s not that big of a deal. On a side note don’t forget that you are supposed to have a fire extinguisher in your tow vehicle.

Remember SDBA wants you there and most officials and volunteers are really nice people and will do what they can to help you compete especially if your new or it’s your first race.

Relax this is supposed to be fun!
That is just how I am . I just like to have all my ducks in a row before I get there .. I know it will all work out , but If I can check a few things off my list , it will be better for me .. Yes- I know about the Fire Extinguisher in the bed of the truck .. What can I say , I like things in order before I get somewhere .. Oh well .. I will try and chill out .. LOL

I always thought the engine was supposed to be high strung not the driver............ lol  think.gif jump.gif

I'm afraid I'd be like Billy.  I'd be trying to have all of my bases covered early and hope everything was covered.
Now for the seasoned racers, its probably a piece of cake.
As I often say, it's easy when you know how.
For the rest of us, What could possibly go wrong?
Let me start counting the ways.    :smile18:

horsepower junkie

jimsplace said:
Carnivalride said:
Carnivalride said:

I’m not sure about all the mail in stuff but at most of the races you can show up Friday (before 3pm), enter the boat, buy your membership, pit passes and arm bands. Then you can roll over to tech show them your safety gear and let them look your boat over. It’s not that big of a deal. On a side note don’t forget that you are supposed to have a fire extinguisher in your tow vehicle.

Remember SDBA wants you there and most officials and volunteers are really nice people and will do what they can to help you compete especially if your new or it’s your first race.

That is just how I am . I just like to have all my ducks in a row before I get there .. I know it will all work out , but If I can check a few things off my list , it will be better for me .. Yes- I know about the Fire Extinguisher in the bed of the truck .. What can I say , I like things in order before I get somewhere .. Oh well .. I will try and chill out .. LOL

I always thought the engine was supposed to be high strung not the driver............ lol  think.gif jump.gif

I'm afraid I'd be like Billy.  I'd be trying to have all of my bases covered early and hope everything was covered.
Jim alll you do is hold on to the rope untill the amber light statrs to blink, start moror,,, wait for solid amber light .....wait pick your number? if you dont know guess and take a shot adjust on your next pass.if your early is a .4tenths clock between # compensate from there. the rest is all up to you my friend.

73 Sanger Flat

Thanks It will be crazy the first few times out there , getting used to everything happening real quick .. It looks easy as a spectator , but getting out there and making it happen will be different . Start engine on blinking amber and wait for a good number to leave on , then adjust .. First time out i am going to try and leave on 8 or 7 and see what happens .. I think mine will be lazy out of the hole and start coming on strong at mid track .. I hope at least it come on at mid track ..

Carnivalride

horsepower junkie said:
jimsplace said:
Carnivalride said:
Carnivalride said:

Jim alll you do is hold on to the rope untill the amber light statrs to blink, start moror,,, wait for solid amber light .....wait pick your number? if you dont know guess and take a shot adjust on your next pass.if your early is a .4tenths clock between # compensate from there. the rest is all up to you my friend.

Pretty much just like hp junkie said, in my onboard video you can hear the starter ask for the thumbs up and watch the light sequence all the way through.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gSt_nsUoSpo

Carnivalride

Thanks It will be crazy the first few times out there , getting used to everything happening real quick .. It looks easy as a spectator , but getting out there and making it happen will be different . Start engine on blinking amber and wait for a good number to leave on , then adjust .. First time out i am going to try and leave on 8 or 7 and see what happens .. I think mine will be lazy out of the hole and start coming on strong at mid track .. I hope at least it come on at mid track ..

You'll do fine it'll just take a few passes to get used to everything and pick your number  :smile30:

Disturbed

Billy, don't over think it.  Hydro guys do it and, they're pretty simple people.  It'll be a walk in the park for you. 

:smile30:

And yes Knotty, that was for you! 

:smile26:

This a Waco race is sure dragging ass! 

73 Sanger Flat

DISTURBED said:
Billy, don't over think it.  Hydro guys do it and, they're pretty simple people.  It'll be a walk in the park for you. 

This a Waco race is sure dragging A$$!

That was funny as hell .. Thanks Tim for the Friday morning laugh.. I feel much better now .. That is true , if a Hydro driver can do it , surely a V- Drive  driver can do it better .. LOL

73 Sanger Flat

Loren -The  boat looked good .. Do you have Videos that you are pulling up to the out ramp holding rope .. Do you have to paddle up to the rope or is it pretty easy to catch while coasting in ??

Carnivalride

Loren -The  boat looked good .. Do you have Videos that you are pulling up to the out ramp holding rope .. Do you have to paddle up to the rope or is it pretty easy to catch while coasting in ??

Sorry Billy I never recorded the whole deal. At Chouteau they gave us the option to drive to the rope so I did. So I bump mine out of gear and then just bump it in and out so I can crawl up to the rope and push it with the other guys hanging on. Like you I run mine at the lake a lot so I know about how far it'll coast at an idle but I always shoot a little short at th eraces out of respect for the other drivers and just bump it back in gear if I have to.

The out ramp I sometimes hang on the rope and pull up and sometimes float until I see my truck and then drive up. It depends how busy it is and what the waters is like as to what I do. Mild cam motors are much easier for this part. lol

whitetrash148

Billy you'll have plenty of time to think about all of this on the rope pull out to the start at Waco. Seems like its a half mile there!

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:

This a Waco race is sure dragging A$$!

:smile26: :smile26: :smile26: