PLOWMAN-PLOWMANS-PLOWMANS

Devilman

Unless you have all the stuff to swap it over to a Ford & I mean everything(motor plates, driveline, exhaust, etc.) I wouldn't switch it either.  The cost of all the hardware is what kept me from putting a BBC in my boat when the 429 burned down awhile back. Even though it was a mildly built ready to run powerplant, I still would have had to pony up another couple grand for all the stuff needed to make the swap.

I like my Ford, its been a great engine.  I'm not too brand particular though, I've built a decent running Chevy before too. :wink: :cheesy:

If you were starting from scratch with either one, it be a tossup as performance parts for Fords are not so much difference in price as Chevys as they used to be.

77Jet Star

jereme834-77jet said:
Hey stew I was thinking about taking the ford out of the fosters boat and making a stroker motor what you think
Texas Ford Hot Boats you know we are primarily a ford based site you have come to the right place.  :smile15:

KONA77

77JET STAR said:
jereme834-77jet said:
Hey stew I was thinking about taking the ford out of the fosters boat and making a stroker motor what you think
Texas Ford Hot Boats you know we are primarily a ford based site you have come to the right place.  :smile15:

TFHB is losing members  :smile20:  :smile23:

77Jet Star

Randall said:
that's funny john i thought i saw you pimping in a bbc powered tx-19 on saturday
PIMPING  :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile24:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Jetstar would never go the darkside! He and Jeremy are infiltrating their ranks. :evil:

Wakemaker

Wow, I must be in the wrong place.  I don't have a Ford or a Jet Boat.  :smile18:

Even though Cornbread thought I had both.  :smile24: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

KONA77

Wakemaker said:
Wow, I must be in the wrong place.  I don't have a Ford or a Jet Boat.  :smile18:

but you have a hot boat,  it was cool to have met you saturday night,  enjoyed shooting the sh... with you

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Ya I like the Wakemaker boat! It was cool to see some v-drives running around! :smile15:

77Jet Star

MICH said:
Randall said:
that's funny john i thought i saw you pimping in a bbc powered tx-19 on saturday

he was driving that chevy powered boat!!!
No I was Pimpin' and you knows dats write  :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: Kingfish  :smile24: :smile24:

Disturbed

KONA77 said:
Wakemaker said:

but you have a hot boat,  it was cool to have met you saturday night,  enjoyed shooting the sh... with you

+1

Nice vdrive too!  Hopefully we'll get to make another trip to the Colorado soon. 

Disturbed

Yes.  But, its falling already.  It came up about 7 feet in Columbus.....  LCRA shows the river is bankfull in Wharton. 

KONA77

coolglastron said:
Yes.  But, its falling already.  It came up about 7 feet in Columbus.....  LCRA shows the river is bankfull in Wharton.

that means no boating in bc,  maybe it will clean the bottom up some,  we have some shallow places up past horse shoe

Wakemaker

KONA77 said:
Wakemaker said:

Patchman said:
Ya I like the Wakemaker boat! It was cool to see some v-drives running around! :smile15:

Thank you for the compliment guys, maybe I will get that bbc in there next year.  That would be sweeeeet.  :smile19:  Geez, it was hard enough to remember names, now I have to connect them with thb handles?!  For all those with memories like mine, Wakemaker=Clayton  :smile15: