Vintage Boat Emblems

KONA77

don't get me wrong,  they are nice,  but i would have to redrill to mount them and they take up more area than the original...... 

KONA77

I wander if he could cut one out that the bar was in the same location,  but not do the rise on the letter like the original,  but connect the letters with the bar,  and leave the "O" open  :smile21:

Devilman

KONA77 said:
I wander if he could cut one out that the bar was in the same location,  but not do the rise on the letter like the original,  but connect the letters with the bar,  and leave the "O" open  :smile21:

Just looking at it, I don't see why not. That definitley be a question for PovertyJet though.

Does your boat have an emblem on the dash too?

Devilman

KONA77 said:
no.......  just on each side

Just asking, mine has 3: one on each side & one on the dash. Well, you could always buy a pair that way they would be exactly the same. Take your original one & put it on the dash, or just save it.

I got lucky, mine are all in pretty good shape. Steve(jetboat) had a set of original Avenger emblems he bought from the company that he ended up not needing so I bought them too. Got 'em hangin on the wall in my building in case I ever need 'em. :grin:

KONA77

not to be overly anal,  but if ya look at my pics  the location and his design  really doesn't work for me,  and i know....  your answer is gonna be "well move them to another location"  lol...  and i have thought about that,  but then there is new holes to be drilled and old holes to filled  :smile24:

Devilman

KONA77 said:
not to be overly anal,  but if ya look at my pics  the location and his design  really doesn't work for me,  and i know....  your answer is gonna be "well move them to another location"  lol...  and i have thought about that,  but then there is new holes to be drilled and old holes to filled  :smile24:

I was meaning if he could make them in the way you described a few posts up, not the ones he had pictured. If he could make them the way you described, they should go back in the factory location & holes, correct?

Devilman

KONA77 said:
well hell you didn't say that  crazy.gif

LOL, I thought we were on the same page once you mentioned changing the location of the bar. That would look better anyway, in my opinion. To be clear, not knockin the man's work, just commenting on the design. :wink:

povertyjet

Wow!  you guys really have jacked this thread. = )

Here is a picture of the original badge that I based my design on.  The bar that goes through the center is more like a thin piece of tape...I cannot do that.  I think it looks the best, and it is the one I like the best.  77 if you really want a pair like the second one, shoot me the PayPal, and I will get em cut.

Shoot me a dimension hole to hole, and you can screw 'em right on in original holes

thx
povertyjet

Attachments

• Kona1.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Kona3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 120

Devilman

There you go Roger, the man is willin to work with ya.  clap.gif

And whatchoo talkin 'bout, jackin the thread. All that talkin was about boat emblems was it not? I thought we did pretty good, lol.

Seriously though, we do appreciate ya comin in & thinkin about us over here! :smile16: :smile17:

duanehydro

I don't think the thread was jacked, just members expressing their thoughts on what you have offered. And we do appreciate it!

KONA77

Povertyjet give me some time to think about it,  i really like your work,  but we need to work out the deminsions and what it will look like before i just jump into having you cut something out....

povertyjet

KONA77 said:
Povertyjet give me some time to think about it,  i really like your work,  but we need to work out the deminsions and what it will look like before i just jump into having you cut something out....

copy that.  You let me know.  And I appreciate all the interest

p-jet

HellinnFrnt

yeah i don't think "jacked this thread" was a bad thing  ... i think we basically overwhelmed him with response and input and he went " H@ly $4it"  I personally want to see if you can put the following in the bar on the KONA emblems and shoot me a not near astronomical price ;)
Photo0485.jpg

povertyjet

Hell, I could put the VIP in the solid body of the bar below and to the right of Kona.  The VIP would be cut-out letters.  I think it would look good.  Add $10 to program.

KONA77

i  have a question for you  Povertyjet,  not following you on something.

can you cut out the badge like what is in the pics i loaded in this thread??????

the bar through the middle is barely thinner than the letters.....