Vintage Boat Emblems

povertyjet

KONA77 said:
i  have a question for you  Povertyjet,  not following you on something.

can you cut out the badge like what is in the pics i loaded in this thread??????

the bar through the middle is barely thinner than the letters.....

No, I can only cut out shapes and lines from the flat aluminum,  2 dimensions.  I cannot change the thickness of the material.  A mill or CNC machine works in 3 dimensions and can cut material from the thickness as well.

HellinnFrnt

i was just thinking centered in the bar under the "O" and "N' and basically whatever size slot your jet can cut ... but hey I ain't gonna argue with ten bucks :) show me what ya thinnin there babalooey and I'm sure it'll be fine I'm not as particular as some people PTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB yeah there ain't a smiley for fart sounds ... any emblems at all would be a HUGE improvement over what i got ... cuz now when some one asks me "whats a Kona?"  I gotta point over at Rog's and say it looks like that except not so purdy ...  clap.gif

KONA77

povertyjet said:
KONA77 said:
i  have a question for you  Povertyjet,  not following you on something.

can you cut out the badge like what is in the pics i loaded in this thread??????

the bar through the middle is barely thinner than the letters.....

No, I can only cut out shapes and lines from the flat aluminum,  2 dimensions.  I cannot change the thickness of the material.  A mill or CNC machine works in 3 dimensions and can cut material from the thickness as well.

OK

that is what i was understanding,  as long as everything is the same thickness then  i can have it cut the way i want it.... CORRECT?

HellinnFrnt

hell yeah !!! maybe even a little smaller than that  but thats it !! where do I send the money? nah looked at it again you know what ya doing !!! so really where do I send the money?

HellinnFrnt

Thanks !!! got em and they look good ... now where'd I put that polish .....

008.jpg

Devilman

Killer work, those came out great.  :smile16: Let us know how the polishing goes, doesn't look like they'll need much.

KONA77

funny,  I was just wondering if you were still around,  my original Kona emblem got broke,  so when I get some coin ahead I need you to make me a pair  :smile17:

KONA77

it might not be that simple,  I'll want them cut to the original as close as possible,  we've had this discussion before  :smile16: