THE "OFFICAL" WELCH FEST '09" THREAD!!!!!!!

greaser

looks like we are getting a nice lil crowd already........and its only the first day of the officail announcement.  :smile15:

KONA77

Well Bert you cut that one close... Leanne starts teaching that monday... but we will be there and i will post what site when leanne gets it reserved.... i can't wait  :smile19:

Cookieman

Hats off to yea Bert, I know you will most likely break 40 boats this year. Hell I might even get out in the garage and fix the Liberator up. I have most of the stuff to fix it just need a little help and inspiration to get it done. I know that between this event and Hydrofest, are 2 of the biggest events that THB members go to. I know Plowman's is big in Oct. but that has been around for years. Good luck and hope to see yea there. Bill"cookieman"

TahitiRat

Blender Man said:
Tahiti Rat you be just fine .. We will have a great time !!! Every one take a drink!!!  :smile15:

I know I was joken,not really worried. Thanks to you I got my engine in, but I took it back out to fill the old holes in the stringers, puttin it back tonight after work.
Thanks Blendermen

TahitiRat

Cookieman said:
Hats off to yea Bert, I know you will most likely break 40 boats this year. Hell I might even get out in the garage and fix the Liberator up. I have most of the stuff to fix it just need a little help and inspiration to get it done. I know that between this event and Hydrofest, are 2 of the biggest events that THB members go to. I know Plowman's is big in Oct. but that has been around for years. Good luck and hope to see yea there. Bill"cookieman"
quote]

Let me know if you need some help mine will be runnin in a couple weeks and I'll come and help some.

greaser

Cookieman said:

Wow Bill!!!!! It would be great if you could show up.  :smile15:

John

im in 38 ill be shure to have extra geritol for old buck if he shows. ill be one boat, amy dad will have his boat, and THB member Hungry said he wasnt going to mis it. thats three boats..

This is going to be one hell of a birthday celebration!  :smile20: 

shimp

AWESOME I was hoping I would get to make this event this year, was afraid it was happening this month, and my boats not ready!!!!  It will be ready by the end of this month, so Aug 22nd is a definate for me.  Looking forward to meeting all the new people this year at this event, so be SURE you show up!  Would suck to get all excited and only like 5 boats show up out of 40... LOL.... 

We will likely just bring the generator and camp at welch since no reservation is required and theres plenty of room there, can basically just park anywhere and camp, just no electricity, but I got my own, had to buy a generator last year because of IKE so I got that covered now!

greaser

good deal, look forward to meeting you! Only bad thing about camping at welcj is you are gonna miss out on all the night time "festivities" at Rocky Creek. You might be better just pitching a tent in someones campsite over there. Then you wouldnt need your genorator. Just bring an ext cord and plug into someones campsite.  :smile13:

blownt

Never been to Rocky Creek.  Always stayed at Yegua Creek.  Rocky Creek better?

Don't know if I will have the blower motor in by then but will try.  Too friggin hot to work outside now.

BT

Devilman

I've stayed at both, I can't think of any reasons why one would be any better than the other one...