PLOWMAN-PLOWMANS-PLOWMANS

73 Sanger Flat

Call Rocky ;;

here is the first post ..

PLOWMANS DATES ARE OCT. 2,3 & 4TH. 2009. WE ORDERED THE KOOZIES. THERE WILL BE A COOK OUT ON SAT. AGAIN.  WE ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT TURN OUT AND WE ARE LOOKIN FOR SOME RAIN. IF YOU NEED A CAMP SPOT OR ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 817-894-1066 OR rockyjohnson@lakegranbury.com. WE ARE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AND HAVING A GREAT TIME.                                        THANK YOU  ROCKY AND BECKY

73 Sanger Flat

Rocky works all day and some time does not check his email or gets on the computer after work . . I would call him around 3:30-4:00 or later to catch him and get you a spot . He is could about returning phone call ..

He works a lot of wekend also , so best bet is to call him ..

sdba069

I made a circle down by Plowman's this afternoon and it's a desert. The ramp is still open but practically unusable. need rain bad. Something to consider, we put this deal on at Chisolm Trail the first couple of years, back in the early 90's. If we don't get some rain soon, and a bunch of it, Chisolm may be to only ramp still usable when the time comes. Just FYI, Chisolm Trail is a Corp park that was going to be closed several years ago. The people who live over there got together and made a proposal to the Corp to take over and maintain the park. The Corp took them up on the offer and that's the way it's been ever since. There are no RV hoohups, at least I don't think there are, and the bathroom facilities are limited. I think there is still running water .  If interested in looking at that as an option, call me, and I'll get some contact info for who you might need to talk to. In case some of you don't know, Chisolm Trail Park is about 5 miles upriver from Plowmans, right off Hwy 174, about 18 miles south of Cleburne. Most of you would drive by it on the way to Plowmans. It's a little closer to Indian Lodge than Plowmans. Just something to think about.

sdba069

Hey Billy........ Looked for you at Marine Creek but stayed pretty busy all weekend. Just FYI, 5 miles by road to Plowmans from my house, 2.5 as the crow flies. Chisoilm Trail, 2.5 miles by the road, .75 as the crow flies. We actually had this event at Kimball one year and it was pretty cool, but that ramp is closed.

EOSpeed

WENT BUY SATURDAY THE RAMP HAS SAND ON IT BUT IT IS OK. THE SAND CAN BE MOVED. ALL THE 60 MPH BOATS CANT RUN 6 WIDE ONLY 5.
      E.O.                                                            :smile23:

73 Sanger Flat

EOSpeed said:
WENT BUY SATURDAY THE RAMP HAS SAND ON IT BUT IT IS OK. THE SAND CAN BE MOVED. ALL THE 60 MPH BOATS CANT RUN 6 WIDE ONLY 5.
      E.O.                                                            :smile23:

Hopefully we wil get some rain before Plowman , so they can run 6 wide ..  :smile23: :smile23:

jimsplace

Definitely, 6 wide.  I want to be in the middle so I can see everything. 

It will be even more exciting since the river is narrower.

sdba069

Plowmans, as of 12:00 noon today. Gate attendant says they are only launching small fishing boats. If there is any ramp left in the water, it's not much. Pray for rain, and like I said before, a bunch of it.

sdba069

Lake level as of noon today is at 520, 13 feet low, and dropping at a rate of a little over an inch per day. I think they stop generating once it drops below 521 or 520 which should slow the fall a little. The still have to maintain a minimum release amount hourly to maintain oxygen levels in the water below the damn. There are rain chances the next couple of days but as dry as it is, I doubt there will be much runoff. Need big rain dances.

73 Sanger Flat

It is raining in the Dallas area this morning . maybe it will move over the Brazos River and rain all day to help the water levels out ..

Looking at those pictures , it looks BAD at Plowman ..

Lets all do our RAIN DANCE .. while the rain in close..

PLEASE RAIN >> PLEASE RAIN >>PLEASE RAIN ...

oldbuck40

Brazos River Rat said:
It is raining in the Dallas area this morning . maybe it will move over the Brazos River and rain all day to help the water levels out ..

Looking at those pictures , it looks BAD at Plowman ..

Lets all do our RAIN DANCE .. while the rain in close..

PLEASE RAIN >> PLEASE RAIN >>PLEASE RAIN ...
it aint raining in maypearl!  hell its clear back to the west! :smile14: :smile14: :smile14:

sdba069

I can vouch for that. So far about .02". Does not look like there's much to it. Sure was hoping we'd get enough to lift the burn ban for a while, need to burn some brush.

TahitiRat

When I came in to work this mornin it was rainin hard, I'm still drinched and that was 3 hrs ago. I know lake Worth is gittin rain