PLOWMAN-PLOWMANS-PLOWMANS

sdba069

Well, we ended up with a staggering .06" of rain today. While more would have been great, we are grateful for what we did get and a little relief from the heat.

:smile15:          It will be ok. It is still more than a month away. We'll get some rain. If not a good substitute is Steele Creek. Nice ramp and camping and plenty of shore line. Worked very well a couple of years ago. We will get rain and all will be good. Not to worry. Keep rain in your prayers. It is very much needed for the ranchers and farms.      :smile12:

73 Sanger Flat

Randal

I think this is the one in Lakeside Village if the Lodge gets full . . It between Plowman and Steek Creek

Never stayed there or know anthing about it , just passed it on the way to Steel Creek

Might give them a call

http://www.lakesidevillageresort.com/

Devilman

I think Greg has talked about that place, he may know something about it. You can see it from the water on the way to Steele Creek in the boat....

What's it been doin weatherwise up there Billy? Heard anything?

73 Sanger Flat

Looks like rain this morning around Granbury , that is where we need it , if Granbury gets rain , then it will go into the Brazos River .. Looking at the Radar this morning , looks like it raining now at home ..
Maybe we will get some good rain oit of this . We can only hope ..

73 Sanger Flat

OK

After we ran at Steel Creek , we went to Plowman and a couple guys put their boats in .

The ramp is still usabale at this time , but the water is pretty low

Paul ran his jetboat all the way up the Plowman Creek and turned around and did not kick any mud up at the start of the cove , so that a good sign .

73 Sanger Flat

A little good news , it look like it was going to rain when I left Granbury this morning . It is calling for a chaince of rain for the today and most of next week .

The weather radar is showing it over Possum Kindom to Granbury and all the way to Whitney . If we can just get it to stay right in this arae we will get some rain ..

We need to do the A RAIN Dance before it goes away ..

73 Sanger Flat

Just got a phone call from home and it has been raining most of ther morning ..  :smile19:

Maybe , just maybe we will get some more rain  to help the river for Plowman ..

Devilman

Thought I saw it mentioned around here somewhere, that the ramp at Kimball Bend was sanded in/landlocked or somethinig like that..... I'm sure there isn't a chance in hell that Indian Lodge's ramp will be usable, but Kimball Bend would be a good alternative if its usable...

sdba069

Indian Lodge ramp is completely unusable. Corp has Kimball chained off. I've lived here for more than 20 years and this is lower than I've ever seen it, by a bunch. The old river ramp at Chisolm is the only one on this end of the lake that is still being used. I talked to the gate people at Plowmans a few days ago and that ramp was still open but for the most part, unusable. Gate guy told me that it could close any time. Maybe this rain will give it a little boost.

Devilman

Couple days ago Greg was saying that Steele Creek ramp was still good to go. Wonder how far a drive that is from the Lodge?

What's the parking like over there? Quite a bit of room for trailers & stuff?

73 Sanger Flat

Steel Creek , you could get about 20-25 boat and trailer , if we park tight . If we got the campsite next to it , that would help a lot also .. I know the ramp is still good there , I walked out to about 5 feet deep and still had concrete under my feet , Plus the Game Wardern was using it to lauch his boat . His name was Preston and he had no trouble lauching .

Just not a lot of water there now , i was making some passes , but could not air it out on top end right in front of the ramp .. Too many stumps showing ..,.

The ramp at Plowman was usable last weekend , Paul and Clayton launched there . the ramp has mud and sand on it ..

I hoping this little rain will give the lake just enough boost for us for Plowman .

It shows rain all week ..

73 Sanger Flat

Kenny:

From the Lodge to Steel Creek by truck , it might take you 15 minutes .
By boat , I would guess it about 8-10 miles ?? Drive time ???  How many Beers ??

EO and Clayron went from Steel Creek to Plowman by boat last wekend .

Maybe JJ will chime in and tell us how  bad it was ..

Devilman

Brazos River Rat said:
Kenny:

From the Lodge to Steel Creek by truck , it might take you 15 minutes .
By boat , I would guess it about 8-10 miles ?? Drive time ???  How many Beers ??

EO and Clayron went from Steel Creek to Plowman by boat last wekend .

Maybe JJ will chime in and tell us how  bad it was ..
Year before last, we put in at Kimball Bend & run down to Steele Creek by boat, took us around 10 minutes maybe? Was a nice ride. That was when the flooding had Plowmans park all jacked up & everybody hung at Steele Creek for the get-together.

Guess we'll just keep watching to see what happens. 15 minute ride to put the boat in ain't too bad.

73 Sanger Flat

It probable not even 15 minutes , it about twice as far as Plowman is ..

I will run down to Plowmanon aroun the 24th to get a visual of what is happening if no one else is down that way ..

Pual lives pretty close and he can let us know also , plus Snow is right there at Kimbal Bend bridge also .

We will try and keep everyome posted on the water level .

I need one more day trip for testing anyway ..

Devilman

Cool... sounds like things will be fine....  And yeah, some time for testing makes for a good reason to go check the water in person. :smile13:

Plea Bargin

Hey guys and gals, hope everyone has a great and safe week end!!! I won't make it this year due to a good freind is having his 40 th d-day party in mexico!!!!  I promiss to wear my protection if yall  do..  BE SAFE!!!!!!!

I should be letting Rocky do this but I want to stop any rumors. Sorry Rocky.        :smile12:      I spoke with Rocky a little bit ago and he had just had a conversation with the head man he takes care of all the arrangments for this event, EVERTHING IS A GO. WE WILL HAVE TO DETERMINE THE DEPTH  AND CONDITION OF THE WATER AT THAT TIME. THE RAMP IS OPEN. Steele Creek is open as is Plowmans.THE PARK IS NOT GOING TO BE CLOSED.      :smile15:      Rocky will explain it all as soon as he can.      :smile15: